Senior DevOps Engineer
Stor offers an all-in-one web shop solution which makes it easy to start, run and scale an online business. Full of features and tools to help merchants effectively run and manage every aspect of their online shop.
We have a large modular monolithic Rails application and we are looking to expand our development team to help us to deliver an industry leading product into the marketplace, at scale.
We’re seeking a full-time permanent Senior DevOps Engineer to help play a key part in building and maintaining our critical cloud architecture. The candidate needs to be talented, ambitious and have an open mind set.
You will be responsible for designing and working in configuration management and operational environments, developing core infrastructure which is robust, scalable and secure, reviewing and supporting CI across every part of our ever-evolving platform.
We believe in autonomy and giving people the opportunity to come up with new ideas to help us drive the business forward. We feel that the best engineers (and the ones we want to work with) are self-starters and who can work well as part of a larger team and who have great communication skills.
You’ll work with an exciting tech stack including but not limited to; Kubernetes, Inges, Docker, Containerization, Nginx, CloudFlare, Digital Ocean & AWS, S3, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, Gitlab, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Ruby 3, Rails 6.
Essential experience and skills.
- Expertise in managing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in production.
- Proven track record of building and managing continual automation / deployment / delivery environments.
- Proficiency running infrastructure on cloud platforms, such as AWS and DO, appreciation for their failure modes, and a good understanding of network concepts and fundamentals.
- A strong foundation of design principles relating to platform development, security, data modeling and scaling.
- Excellent systems and database experience, with an understanding of the challenges involved in designing and building distributed services.
- Passionate about observability.
- Security conscious – understanding of best practices and implementation and ability to leverage applications such as Vault.
- Somebody who has a passion for modern scalable technology like Kafka, Prometheus, Terraform, Docker and service meshes.
- Experience working with leading CI platforms.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A collaborative, empirical and experimental approach to solving problems.
Nice to haves.
- Experience working with SaaS/PaaS (preferably commerce or consumer-facing) products.
Benefits (subject to local office policy):
Apply for this job
- We are a remote-first company that’s flexible with working schedules.
- Developer Conferences.
- Team Hack Days.
- Regular Health and Wellbeing sessions including fitness, nutrition and other events.
- Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies.
- Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance.